
for her diy party today

i'm still working on "the grandchildren's wing". hah! our house only has 3 bedrooms. the master bedroom is on one side & the other 2 are on the other side of the house separated by a jack & jill bathroom. i used to call it henry's room but now there's also eston, corbin & eva (the other grandchildren) so i had to change the name.
we rarely have overnite guests so the rooms are used for & by the grandchildren. i know how i want them to look & it's taking me a while to achieve it. when i'm finished, i hope they'll be rooms that will meet the needs of the little ones & also serve as comfortable rooms for guests, if we ever have any!
finished one little corner of one room yesterday.
this is the before
this is the after

the curtain was made with the birdy toile shower curtain & burlap fringe.
i covered the lampshade & it looked just so-so.
so i just kept adding things to it. it may be a little over the top now.
what do you think?
it kind of reminds me of a parlor room lamp from way back when.
the table's top is kind of messed up so i used a little birdy remnant to make a tablecloth.

the birdcage was found in the dumpster at church last year (no - i didn't do any dumpster diving, it was on top, & my husband did the retrieving). it was sage green. i slapped some craft paint on it & we'll see how long the ribbons last on top with the little ones around.
i'm working on another burlap project for the room. here's a sneak peek of 1 component of it.
it's an old cd holder but it won't be for long! can you guess what i'm going to do? or at least, try to do?
thanks for stopping by. make sure you check out all of the amazing diy's at kimba's

blessings & peace -
randee
7 comments:
I love the burlap curtains with the fabulous fabric that I have seen on several blogs. The fringe really sets off the lamp. I bought some burlap at Hobby Lobby just this week and I can't wait to get started. I'm decorating my high school classroom a-la-burlap...aka on the cheap!
I really love the lamp...it's not too much, it's great! I was previously envious of the curtains, and now they look even better with the whole corner done! Full blown jealousy at this point.
::I have not forgotten about the table, are you going to be around on Saturday at all?
I love that fabric! It looks wonderful! And I don't think the lamp looks over-done at all.
You can never go wrong with burlap and birds! FAB!
I love everything you did - You are so crafty - love it !!! I got to go look at it again !
Hugs ~ Kammy
love the material!
I just made burlap curtains too this week and I love them. Yours look wonderful! I think you did a great job. The whole area, and everything you put together looks wonderful!
Blessings,
Debbie
Post a Comment