Thursday, July 23, 2009

garage sale dresser redo

i have another diy project that i wanted to share, so i'm hooking up with kimba

for her diy party twice in one week!
DIY Day @ ASPTL



saw this dresser at a garage sale a few weeks ago & bought it for $30.
finally got around to fixing it up.
first i used this stuff.
then 3 1/2 cans of black spray paint (didn't even use primer)
love how it looks now.

i needed something to fill in that space in front of the open staircase to the basement & also needed some extra storage so this works out great.



thanks to all of you stopping by & keep on reading the rest of the diy projects at
DIY Day @ ASPTL


blessings & peace -

randee

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a great garage sale find!! You did a wonderful job making it over!

Jennifer V said...

You've got a good eye to see the potential in that dresser. Way to go! The finished project looks great!

Delightful Dwelling said...

What a great find. I love the starfish you stuck in the handles, so cute.

Kristi said...

Get out of town...that can't be the same dresser?!! It is amazing. Great job!

Sara said...

I love the lines on that piece. The black paint looks great!

Kammy said...

Great bones to that dresser - I would love to have one that size -it is perfect !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Judy @ In His Grip said...

You are just above me over at A Soft Place to Land DYI day. Your dresser is awesome.

Kimba said...

I love it, love it, love it!

Kimba

Its So Very Cheri said...

This is my first time stopping by your blog. What a great re-make on the dresser. I did the DIY for the first time this week. I hope you will come for a visit to my blog at Its So Very Cheri. My Mom had cancer too.

Cheri
its so very cheri

jninecostumes said...

Nice job!!! I love redoing dressers. Several lined up to go from garage sales.

Free Art Printables said...

It looks awesome! Jen