& southern hospitality's
about 18 months ago, while driving through my neighborhood, i spied these chairs.
they were sitting in the drizzling rain beside the curb. there was a 4th one, but it was all broken up.
being a lover of all things in the yellow family, which i do believe includes harvest gold,(hah!), i saw beauty at the curbside.
brought them home & started thinking about what i could do with them.
you can sort of see in the photos
{as i've said many times, i'm not a seamstress. i'm not very handy with tools, either.
and my one attempt at reupholstering is sitting in the basement, long since abandoned. it was gonna be a shabby chic comfy chair but i got all confused with the pining wrong side out & then reversing the pins before i sew thing & i gave up. that was 7 yrs. ago.}
so back to the chairs -
i started thinking about what i could do with them.
i thought & i thought & i forgot about them
& then, i saw them in the basement one day & so, once again, i thought & i thought & i forgot about them
it's now 18 months later.
would you like to see how they look today?
i bet you got all excited, didn't you?
i want so much to do something with them but i honestly don't have a clue what it is.
could someone help me, please? tell me: are they worth saving? what would you do or better yet would you just do it for me?
i've got a unfinished shabby chic chair i'd give you as payment ;)
(i'll even throw in the straight pins still stuck in it, too!)
15 comments:
ha ha ha...cracking up! I was totally expecting some awesome chair makeover!! What about just using some good old spray paint and new fabric? I know about your aversion to spray paint, so I would totally come over and do them for you.
:o)
Jen
Yeah, I think you're right-everyone will want those chairs! But I'd go with spray paint too-as for re-upholstering them I can't give ya much help-I've got no skills there!
But what a great find!
Toooo funny - I was also expecting some big reveal! You scored on some beautiful chairs but I can't give you any advice except look for some roadkill slipcovers!!
I was holding my breath in anticipation you stinker! They are gorgeous...great legs, great details. I say go for it, try your hand at reupholstering them. You cant ruin them. If they are just sitting in your basement then they are no good to you anyway right? Come on you can do it!
You are so funny!
This past week I saw someone paint, with REAL paint, over velor chairs. It took a few layers of paint, but the fabric turned into almost leather-like feel. I know it's strange...google "Paint velor fabric" and see if you're up to it.
Send over to my house, now! I got all excited seeing these chairs and envisioning their potential...too funny. BUT REALLY, I want them.
Janell
I want them too! I think new fabric would be amazing!!!
Thanks for checking out my blog today!
Great chairs!
Great detail on the chairs, you def need to keep and re-upholster them!
That's too funny! I have many projects like that sitting, and sitting, and sitting...
I agree with the others--try your hand at upholstering them and do distressed paint on the wood.
I was reading a blog SOMEWHERE out there in blogland where the author spraypainted the entire chair....fabric and all. It looked really good! Not sure if that would make he fabric stiff or not, though.
I love the chairs! They have good bones!
Hello Randee - you so had me on the edge of my seat! LOL. I would totally re-do those babies in a nice burlap. Paint the wood either black or Heirloom White and distress. They are definitely worth doing something to!
Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com
That was FUNNY!
You can check out what I did with a set of similar chairs and a table. I lightly sanded and spray painted each a different color & covered the seats each in a different remnant pattern. I called them Key West. The picture is down the left hand column of my blog. melissabishman.blogspot.com
LOL!!
What about a bench? Cut a piece of wood that spans the lengh of the 3 chairs, I'm sure if you look online you can find some photos of what I'm talking about.
Post a Comment