Sunday, July 26, 2009

life is good-treasure hunting

this is the first time i've participated Rhoda's weekly party.



i haven't been to any garage sales for a few weeks. i've been busy getting stuff together to have my 2nd one of the summer. i had it last weekend with my sister, daughter & stepdaughter. we made $400.00! on this one. we were so glad to be rid of what we sold. most of what was left went to Goodwill, but we did hold back a few good things because we're going to have 1 final sale, but this time we're moving it to my sister's house.

the funniest thing about having a garage sale with family is if you see something you want of theirs, you just take it! but somehow i missed seeing everything. there were several things that were sold that i didn't realize we even had until someone would come up to pay for it.

here's what i snagged before the sale







the white jars were my mom's from a nice collection she had from the 50's. all but these 2 pieces ended up broken over the years. my sister had them on the table for 25 cents & i snatched them up & said (very dramatically) "you can't sell those, they were mother's!" to which ruthie replied, "whatever". i have absolutely no use for them but couldn't let them go.

found this cute little stool at the thrift store a couple of weekends ago.

it was only 1.99.
it's in pretty good shape as it is, but after seeing what amy of modpodgerocks.blogspot.com did with paper & mod podge on a similar stool, i think i'll have to give it a try.

gonna spend this week giving the house a much needed cleaning & gonna absolutely positively finish our 2 guest rooms & the bathroom in between.

we aren't watching any grandchildren this week so hopefully we can get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time (ha! i move slower than molasses & shelly moves as slow as a snail). our reward will be at the end of the week. we're gonna take off & go to cinci to the ikea store (for me)& then to caesar creek flea market on saturday(for shelly).

i'm posting this on sunday afternoon & now, i do believe, it's time for my favorite sunday afternoon pastime "the nazarene nap".

hope you have a great week & don't forget to head over to

too see everyone's thrifty finds

& make sure you check out Rhoda's new bloggy home -

blessings & peace -

randee

8 comments:

Blue Creek Home said...

I love that you shopped at your own yardsale!!! I hope nothing of "moms" got away before you could snag it!
You got some great things.
Rhonda

Carmen said...

That table is a beauty.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Randee, I adore that table you found. And how funny about keeping things from the family yardsale. I would do that! Thanks for linking up my new buttons & spreading the word.

Kammy said...

Hello~
I love a sturdy stoll..modge podge will be great !
I love your iron finds....wow
I love that table - great bone !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Marie said...

Hello Randee - it's nice to meet you! Love your finds! Especially that round table. Your Mom's white jars are really cool too!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

★Carol★ said...

You found some great pieces at your very own sale! I LOVE that round table and Mom's jars! Better have a preview before the next sale, so you don't miss out on anything!

Pam said...

Hi Randee,

Your stool is great! Can't wait to see your "after" photo. I also loved the table you got from shopping your own sale!:)

OK - on to answering your questions. I found our cabin by googling "Brown County IN cabins", or something like that. Or, you can just go to http://www.browncountylogcabins.com/yellowwd.html. Hills O' Brown manages the property.

I lived in Reynoldsburg/Canal Winchester for a few years. Where are you? Also, I now live in Elwood - not too far from Muncie. I end up shopping there a lot. I was there yesterday, actually. Where did you live? My husband grew up in Anderson. What a small world!

Unknown said...

Hi Randee! Thanks for visiting me. I love this stool and it's going to be awesome! Please share with me when you are done Podging - would love to see what you come up with :D